Each wedding tells a different story. Because the stories are different, each wedding is captured in its own way. We are passionate about creating timeless imagery from each wedding we capture, that tells a story about you as a couple, and also the relationships you have with all of the special people you have invited to share your wedding day.
There is nothing you need to do on your wedding day except relax, be yourself and enjoy your day. This will make for candid images that are truly you and naturally breathtaking.
Our wedding packages start at $3080.
The fun doesn't just start on the day of the wedding. Before your wedding, we invite you to have a pre wedding shoot.
The engagement shoot is the perfect chance for us to get to know each other a little better and also a great opportunity for you to get a little more comfortable in front of the camera. We find many of our couples are quite nervous about being photographed, so it's great to get out the nerves and have a little fun in front of the camera before your wedding day. Once you see your amazing photos from your engagement shoot, you will have confidence that your wedding photos will be just as beautiful, and have nothing to worry about on the wedding day- giving you time to focus on what is important... getting married!
A lot goes into getting ready for a wedding day. The girls usually like to spend a little bit more time on it than the guys;)
For the girls, we capture the atmosphere of "getting ready". The little details, the hair, the makeup, the earrings being put on, the bridesmaids doting, the wedding dress being laced up and mums excitement as she sees her little girl turning into a bride.
The ties and jackets go on, the shoes are laced. There are usually a few man hugs involved and a proud mum and dad as well.
We love to capture the essence of your wedding atmosphere. The guests arriving and mingling, the groom greeting guests and then moving to the front of the ceremony to wait for his bride, and all of the thoughtful decorations and personal touches you have incorporated into your ceremony decor.
We love the moment the bride arrives and the twinkle in her dads eyes as he walks her down the aisle. The look on the bride and grooms faces as they see each other for the first time is just priceless.
During the ceremony I stay out of the way as much as possible, whilst still getting in there to capture your amazing moments.
So many important things happen during the ceremony, the groom seeing his bride for the first time, dad handing his daughter over. The vows and the intent look on the bride and grooms faces makes for beautiful photos. There is so much to remember from the ceremony and it is over so quickly which is why I love to capture everything as a story so as when you look at your album you can relive every moment.
The walk back up the aisle is usually much faster than the walk down. Once you make it out everybody wants to come hug and congratulate you. This makes for great guest photos because everybody is visibly happy! Once everybody is done assaulting you with love we get into the family photos.
Bridal party photos are usually full of shenanigans and massive smiles! Your closest friends are an important part of your day and I love to capture their connection with you. There is usually a bit of heckling and tomfoolery involved too.
After the bridal party have had their fun, it's always nice to separate from them and focus on some more romantic photos of the two of you. You get a chance to actually talk to each other, something you haven't really had time to do all day. This is where the engagement shoot comes in handy as you have no worries about how the photos are turning out because you have already seen yourself in your beautiful engagement photos. The best is to just enjoy each others company and let me do the rest.
The reception is a great time for me to hide in the shadows and capture all the great moments of the night as they happen. You mostly won't notice where I am or what I am taking a photo of until the more formal parts of the night. All you need to do from here is to enjoy yourself and your guests. I'll have the rest covered.
Then there is the party! The formalities are now over, and it is time to kick your shoes off and dance your little hearts out!
After you come back from your honeymoon, we will have a preliminary album design for you to look at. Once you approve the design and you are 100% happy, we carefully retouch each image, send it off to print and have it ready for collection within 6 weeks!
So now that you have a better idea of our photography style, click on through to the "Albums" section. Here you will not only see some photos of what your Deep Grey wedding album will look like, but also be able to flick though some full albums. You can then start to envision how your gorgeous album will be pieced together into a beautiful story book through which you can relive all the emotions of your wedding day.
Our latest engagement and wedding photography
- Katie and Gerard chose to elope- only instead of keeping it a complete secret, they invited their immediate families to join them. Katie looked so incredible in her lace sleeved gown and her stunning hair and make-up by The Powder Room. After their marriage at the registry office, we took a stroll together to the Brisbane botanical gardens for some …
- We loved Gerard and Katies engagement shoot and Wedding! I'm itching to post some photos from their wedding on our blog- but thought I had better show off their engagement photos too Even though we battled against overcast weather in the forest and an accident on the Bruce highway that clogged up the mountain roads (craaazy traffic jam!!!). We watched …
- Charlie and Emma decided to rent a house for the week of their wedding. Living in North Queensland, and travelling to the Gold Coast for the celebrations, renting a home to spend time with loved ones was such a great decision! There was so much laughter from upstairs where the girls were getting ready, and downstairs where the lads were scrubbing up, …
- So Dave and Kate you say? Yes, this is our third "Dave and Kate" couple we have photographed a wedding for- it seems the names are just made for each other. Somehow we didn't notice until a few weeks ago, they also shared the same last name as one of our other favourite "Dave and Kate" couples which gave us …
- These two beautiful souls got married this morning, they are probably dancing right now, and getting ready to wrap up their reception and head out and have some bridal photographs taken! (We love that part!) To celebrate their day of days, here are a few of their pretty engagement pictures! I can't wait for Adam to get home so I …